There are a number of ice breakers that can be used to get individuals engaged with those around them.
- Ice Breaker 1: Paired Sharing
- Have people match up with people they don’t know/are less familiar with. Partners talk about a assigned topic, and then introduces their partner to the group.
- Ice Breaker 2: End the Sentence
- Write the start of a question on the board (i.e. My Favorite job was …, My Hobby is…) and go around the room with each person finishing the sentence. When the group is finished, post another question and start again.
- Ice Breaker 3: Slogans
- After you explain that many companies have slogans or mottoes which reflect their values, ask each person to write (or borrow) a slogan to describe him or herself and share that with the group.
- Ice Breaker 4: Four C’s
- Ask each person to name a cartoon character, a color, a car, and a cuisine that best describes his or her personality and explain why.
- Ice Breaker 5: What do we have in common?
- Have the group(s) find 10 things they all have in common.